Describe how individuals in this country and various cultures within this country conceptualize and think about this topic.
Types of questions to answer when writing your topic paper:
- You want to answer questions about prevalence, frequency, and duration (e.g. How often does the problem occur? How long has this been going on? Has the problem worsened over time? etc). Make sure to include statistics here
- Describe how individuals in this country and various cultures within this country conceptualize and think about this topic(s)?
- What are the current laws and punishments that impact your topic(s) in this country?
- How is this topic(s) relevant to issues regarding intersectionality/intersecting identities in this country? Choose two identities. For example: in what ways is this topic relevant and impacted by race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, class, religion, etc in this country?
- List and describe at least two different systems, institutions, or processes that contribute to this issue/ problem (for example capitalism, globalization, culture, poverty, politics, technology, military presence/war, history of colonialism, etc)
- Identify a non-profit organization or non-governmental organization that is addressing your topic(s) in this country. What are their goals/missions? How successful have they been?
- What else can be done to address the topic(s) you have highlighted?
- Minimum 7 pages (including references and cover page)
- Use white 8 ½ x 11” paper.
- Make 1-inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides
- The first word in every paragraph should be indented one-half inch.
- APA recommends using Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Double-space the entire research paper
- Include a page header known as the “running head” at the top of every page. (To make this process easier, set your word processor to automatically add these components onto each page)
- To create the running head/page header, insert page numbers justified to the right-hand side of the paper (do not put p. or pg. in front of page numbers)
- Then type “TITLE OF YOUR PAPER” justified to the left using all capital letters
- If your title is long, this running head title should be a shortened version of the title of your entire paper
Paper Rubric Guidelines:
- (30%) LENGTH. Each answer should be approximately 300 words in length. For example, if your Discussion 2 assignment requires you to answer 2 discussion questions, your entry for that week should be 600 words in length total (at least 300 words for each of the 2 questions for that week)
- (50%) COMPREHENSION. Demonstrate an understanding and application of the course readings and any other outside reading you may choose to use to answer the question.
- (20%) REFERENCES. You MUST cite using at least 1 citation per question: • All discussion postings are expected to integrate information from at least one of the readings, class materials, and/or from an outside empirical or reputable news source. You should cite both within the text and provide a full reference at the bottom of your post.