Describe some of the strategies implemented by the U.S. government to improve the U.S. economy during the Great Depression (1929-1941)?. . Describe some of the strategies implemented by the U.S. government to improve the U.S. economy during the Great Depression (1929-1941)? Provide specific examples of President Roosevelt’s New Deal programs or legislations. What drug law reforms were made during this era and why? What economic programs did the U.S. government undertake during the 1930s to improve the economy and conditions among people? Provide statistics to support your answer.
2. What factors influenced the U.S. government to enter the war against Japan, Germany, and Italy in December, 1941? What type of fanatical warfare did the Japanese rely upon and how did the U.S. plan to counter this? What measures did the U.S. military take to knock Japan out of the war in 1945? How did the U.S. economy improve as a result of involvement in World War II? Provide statistics to support your answer.
3. Describe some of the social conditions found among many U.S. women during the 1950s. What physical and social pressures did many women during the 1950s encounter? What information and insight did feminist author, Betty Friedan, provide in The Feminine Mystique that described women’s roles in U.S. society? Draw a few comparisons between the employment status of women during the 1950s and during the current 2000s. Name several historical factors which influenced employment statuses between U.S. men and U.S. women between the 1950s and 2000s. Provide statistics to support your answer.
4. Describe some examples of segregation between skin-color groups within the U.S. southeastern states during the 1950s. What efforts were made to desegregate southeastern states among civil rights organizations? Describe the differences between the civil rights efforts of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. What sort of statements did these two men use in their speeches to further their causes? Provide statistics to support your answer.
5. Define the term ‘counterculture’. What specific circumstances related to the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights Movement, and the Watergate scandal influenced counterculture movements during the 1960s and 1970s? Provide any relevant statistics that influenced these movements. Provide statistics to support your answer.
6. Outline three main factors which maintained the Cold War between the U.S. and Soviet Union between 1945 and 1991. What were the differences in the U.S. and Soviet economies? What conditions influenced the end of the Cold War in the late 1980s and early 1990s?
1. Choose 1 of the 6 essay questions to answer.
2. Write 3-5 pages to explain your position.
3. Paragraphs in this assignment need at least 5 sentences.
4. Type and double-space your answers.
5. Use at least two sources to support your answer. (The textbook and/or notes from class may be used as references). Do not use Wikipedia.
6. Use parenthetical citation format within your essay anytime you use one of your sources.
7. Use MLA or APA format.
8. Provide a work cited page in addition to your 3-5 pages essay.
APA Citation examples
APA style includes the author(s) and the year of publication.
The Northwest Ordinance of 1787 helped influence anti-slavery attitudes in the North due to its stated policy that slavery was prohibited in new states north of the Ohio River (Brands, Breen, Williams, and Gross, 2012).
The Articles of Confederation was replaced with the U.S. Constitution in part because the federal government lacked the central authority and tax collecting initiative needed to stabilize the infant nation (19th Century Urbanization notes, 2015).
Any quotation or statistics taken from a book or article must include author’s name, publication year, and page number.
MLA Citation examples
MLA style includes the page number(s) and the author(s).
Romantic poetry is characterized by the “spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings” (Wordsworth 263).
Wordsworth extensively explored the role of emotion in the creative process (263).
Multiple authors from a source:
After using a source with multiple authors more than once, you are able to shorten the citation by writing the first author’s name and then “et al”. This is a Latin term meaning “and others”. The page number should follow after a comma.
Example: Example: 17th and 18th century New England women were presented with greater financial opportunities through involvement in poultry sales (Brands et al., 2012).