Select two or three early childhood associations (national, regional, state, or local) to list in your file item..
Module 06 Content
- Purpose of Assignment:
The early childhood educator will compile and maintain a professional portfolio that consists of tools for reference and application to work in the early childhood setting. This assignment builds awareness of Early Childhood Educators’ Associations and Resources through the creation of a resource file item, providing a reference for the educator’s practice. This resource file item is a required element in the CDA Candidate Portfolio.
Categorize developmentally appropriate practices that advance child development and learning.
The Rasmussen College School of Education guide (SOE guide) offers a list of professional organizations for early childhood educators on its Career Services page. On that page, research the different types of organizations available for early childhood professionals to become members.
Select two or three early childhood associations (national, regional, state, or local) to list in your file item. Include the names of the associations, their website addresses, and describe the professional resources and membership opportunities that are useful in supporting early childhood professionals.
Provide the following for each of the early childhood associations you chose to cover in this assignment:
- Name of association
- Web address and main office address and phone number
- Description of the association (a few sentences about who they serve and what they offer)
- Describe how to become a professional member of the association (how to complete and submit the application, the structure and cost of dues, etc.)
- Describe various opportunities and professional resources offered to the association’s members
Be sure the format and organization of your assignment are clear and include the following information:
- The title “Resource Collection RC-VI 2: Early Childhood Associations”
- Your name
- Proper spelling and grammar to present a professional file item
- If you are applying for the CDA Credential: After you receive feedback from your instructor and make the necessary changes from that feedback, place this Resource Collection/Portfolio Assignment in your CDA Professional Portfolio. You can find instructions to set up your portfolio in the CDA Credential Guide at Https://guides.rasmussen.edu/education/cdacredential
- CDA Competency Handbook
- CDA Credential Guide